MCM//MakeupClothesMusic//11.4.16

20:02



Happy Monday, my friends.  This is the beginning of a new series called MCM--but it's not your traditional #mcm.  Instead, this is a post about MakeupClothesMusic--an outfit/makeup post with a playlist attached.

Makeup:

Here's my selfie with one of my favourite snapchat filters of all time...optimal lighting even in the library
Okay, admittedly, not what I actually look like today, but I like it, so I'm keeping it.  Here's a more realistic pic of my makeup today:
Un-optimized lighting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In case you were wondering, this is the second time I have used the Nyx foundation since I reviewed it in my first post, and I'm still not really loving it.  I've been having a rough time with my skin being spotty and just not its usual self lately, and while you would want foundation to kind of work with those areas, this foundation really only serves to emphasise them and make them look cakey.  It works to even out my skin tone, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have ultra-smooth skin in the first place (hint: basically nobody does!).  Another note from my last post: the Ultra Matte Lips work so much better if you use a liquid formula primer.  I love the Colourpop solid primer most of the time, but I find that the Too Faced liquid one combats dryness with this formula so much better. 

Clothes:
On this rainy Monday morning, I really wanted to feel put-together and give myself some positive vibes, seeing as I've been feeling really stressed lately.  So I thought, what better way to encourage positive thinking and and confidence than a t-shirt that says "MODEL" and a pair of heels? 

What I'm wearing: Urban Outfitters Heeled Boots (a gift!), American Eagle jeggings, Forever 21 t-shirt, and of course my trusty Red Sox hat to celebrate today's home opener back in Boston.  

Music:
This playlist is pretty much rainy Monday vibes, with a hint of stressed-out April vibes.  It's also up on 8tracks, if you'd like to listen! 

mcm 11.4.16 from ellasilver on 8tracks Radio.



That concludes today's #MCM.  Hope you guys enjoyed, and see you soon!
Ella

You Might Also Like

0 comments